Through this article you will get great sum of information in relation with the Nanga Parbat mountain facts, information Pakistan. Nanga Parbat is known as one of the ninth highest mountain in the world. It is all defined out to be the western anchor of the Himalayas that are all placed around which the Indus river skirts. It is situated in the Gilgit-Baltistan region of Pakistan. It is known all over the world by the name of ‘Deo Mir’ which means “mountain”. This is known as one of the eight-thousanders.
Location of Nanga Parbat:
Nanga Parbat is all forming up the western anchor of the Himalayan Range. It is the westernmost eight-thousander. It is all lieing in the south of the Indus River in the Diamer District of Gilgit–Baltistan in Pakistan. It is near the western end of the Karakoram Range.
Nanga Parbat Mountain Facts, Information Pakistan
Main Features of Nanga Parbat:
- This place is just famous because it is all included with the vertical relief over local terrain in all directions.
- In the South direction Nanga Parbat is all considered to be the highest mountain face in the world i.e its Rupal Face rises 4,600 m (15,090 ft) above its base.
- As we talk about the north side then it is gently sloped Rakhiot Flank that rises almost 7,000 m (22,966 ft) from the Indus River valley to the summit in just 25 km (16 mile). It is all counted in the list of 10 greatest elevation gains in so short a distance on Earth.
- Nanga Parbat is named up to be one of the only two peaks on top of Earth that list down this mountain among the top twenty of both the highest mountains in the world and yet one of the the most prominent peaks in the world.
- It is all located along with the Namcha Barwa on the Tibetan Plateau.
- In Urdu by Nanga Parbat means “Naked Mountain”. In local areas this mountain is known as Diamir which means “king of mountains.”
- It is counted out to be the 9th highest mountain and yet the 14th most prominent mountain in the world.
- This mountain is all situated at the western end of the Himalaya Range in the Gilgit-Baltistan region of northern Pakistan.
- It has three major faces namely Diamir, Rakhiot, and Rupal.
Now if you are planning to grab the lovely places of Pakistan then don’t forget to catch up Nanga Parbat. It will surely going to make you feel like visiting heaven!