There are many Mobile Network Operator is working in Pakistan and the complete List of them are as follow because at present the telecommunication industry in Pakistan is one of the fastest growing industries even in the instability in the economy still the telecom business is doing more than good in Pakistan. This is one very attractive and charming feature of this industry which has attracted various national and international investments, and at this time Pakistan is having seven major mobile network operators which are running their processes in the state’s premises.
Mobile Network Operator in Pakistan List
- Mobilink: It is one of the most renowned and popular mobile network operators in Pakistan which has approximately 36 Million users which is the highest by any network operator in the state. Mobilink is being owned by PMCL (an Orascom Telecom Holding). The services which are being rendered by Mobilink includes postpaid and prepaid both while initially the network technology used by Mobilink was AMPS and currently they are using D-AMPS.
- Telenor: Telenor is the company owned by Telenor ASA and has the second largest users in Pakistan as the approximate strength of users for Telenor is 30 Million as they are also offering both Prepaid and Postpaid services. Initially when Telenor was started they were using GSM 900/1800 and it is the same network technology which they are using currently so no upgrading has been done so far.
- Ufone: The Company which is being owned by PTCL and Etisalat is also very much popular in Pakistan as they have an approximate 19.7 Million users all over the country. Initially when Ufone was started they were using GSM 900/1800 and it is the same network technology which they are using currently so no upgrading has been done so far.
- Warid: Warid is an international brand which is being owned by Warid Telecom which is an Abu Dhabi Group and Sing Tel, has almost 12 Million users in Pakistan. It is also providing both prepaid and postpaid services while at the same time have the network technology of GSM 900/1800.
- Zong: Zong which is owned by CM Pak Ltd. (A China Mobile Company) is one of the very new mobile network operators in Pakistan but in a very short time they have captured the market in a very appreciating manner as they have got the strength of 17.9 Million users all over the state. The services which are being provided by Zong includes postpaid, prepaid and mobile banking while initially the network technology used by Zong was GSM 900/1800 and it is the same network technology which they are using currently so no upgrading has been done so far.
- SCO: Special Communication Organization which was initially only available in Azad Kashmir and Gilgit-Baltistan, Now available all over the country with Roaming partners, is not as much common as other mobile network operators are as they have the strength of 0.39 Million users mainly from the Northern areas of Pakistan.